Position: HIV Prevention Alliance for ACB Communities Project Coordinator
Term: Part time 1 year contract position, 21-28 hour/week, $30.00 per hourly rate.
Immediate commencement, with possibility of contract renewal.
Application: By 5 p.m. October 13th, 2023, Interested candidate please submit your resume and a cover letter to: Alan Li & Trevor Gray, CAAT Co-chairs (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Reporting to the CAAT executive director, and working in collaboration with the CAAT and the ACB Alliance Project Team, the coordinator will be responsible for:
- Conduct outreach and community engagement activities to agency partners, CAAT program participants and broader ACB communities at risk/affected by HIV/AIDS
- Organize and deliver educational workshops to frontline service providers from community organizations serving ACB populations
- Organize and deliver health education activities to ACB community members through workshops and pop-up interventions to promote HIV awareness, self-testing, PreP and access to care and support
- Organize knowledge dissemination and mobilization activities with community members and stakeholders in ACB communities to promote prevention and care strategies
- Maintain documentation including meeting minutes, finances, and activity reports
- Collect data to support project evaluation of the program with partners and evaluator
- Post-secondary education with a minimum 2 year experience in non-profit sector
- Knowledge of anti-black racism and its impact on Black Communities particularly women and their health
- Experience in working with racialized, newcomer and HIV/AIDS communities.
- Experience in project management and coordination, peer capacity building, community engagement and volunteer management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to GIPA/MEPA, anti-racism/anti-oppression, health equity, social justice and harm reduction.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to be self-directed and accountable to team process.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver timeline sensitive project outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer and social media literacy
- Lived experience with HIV/AIDS is an asset.