Position: Organizational Development and Community Engagement Coordinator
Term: Part time contract position 21 hours/week, $32 per hourly rate
Immediate commencement, now until March 31, 2024, with possibility of contract renewal.
Application: By 5 p.m. Oct 10th, 2023, Interested candidate please submit your resume and a cover letter to: Alan Li, CAAT Co-chair (email: email@example.com)
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Working under the guidance of the CAAT executives, and in collaboration with the CAAT staff team, the coordinator will be responsible for:
- Conduct community engagement activities including outreach to agency partners, CAAT program participants and affected target communities.
- Coordinate special events including the CAAT general membership meeting and community forums.
- Update CAAT membership and volunteer databases.
- Work with consultants, contractors and relevant CAAT stakeholders to coordinate CAAT organizational development activities, including strategic planning and various policy and operational plan development, and social media and communication strategy development and implementation.
- Maintain relevant documentation including meeting minutes, finances, and special event reports on all project initiatives.
- Postsecondary qualification in social services or related fields
- Knowledge and experiences working with racialized, newcomer and HIV/AIDS communities.
- Demonstrated experiences in project management and coordination, community engagement and volunteer management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to GIPA/MEPA, anti-racism/anti-oppression, social justice and harm reduction.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to be self-directed and accountable to team process.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver timeline sensitive project outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer and social media literacy
- Lived experience with HIV/AIDS is an asset.